The latest in refrigerator technology is the double door refrigerator.
The refrigerator price is obviously more than the commonly bought top and bottom freezer but is it worth your hard-earned money?
Let’s find out:
First things first, what is a double door refrigerator?
A double door refrigerator has two doors and has a ton of space in the fridge for all your food and groceries.
Now that you know what it is, let’s look at the Pros and Cons
Pros of having a double door fridge
- Perfect for large families: The sight of stacking dishes in a fridge because they are so cramped is far too common. With a double door refrigerator, you can store food for a large family of 5-6 members.
- No need for a secondary fridge: More often than not, large families are forced to buy a secondary fridge in order to keep all their food fresh. This is not only a huge financial drain but also sucks up twice the power. This problem can easily be fixed by buying one double door fridge.
- Bigger Shelves: Since the storage area is pretty big, the shelves are bigger and can fit large containers and beverages.
- Separate Freezer Door: The two doors in the double door separate the freezer and the normal fridge. You can get to the freezer without letting any of the fresh goodness out from the fridge.
- Larger Freezer: We often have to cram things in our freezer because a lot of things need to be frozen but there is never enough space. A double door refrigerator has a large freezer and you can fit in everything that you could possibly want.
- Additional options: Double door fridges also have more options like humidity control, through-the-door ice and so on. Compared to a normal top or bottom freezer, a double door fridge is a smart fridge. This is great for people who love technology.
- Frost free technology: In a normal fridge, you have to keep manually defrosting your fridge otherwise everything becomes frozen inside. The double door comes with a frost free technology which automatically cleans the fridge.
Cons of having a double door refrigerator
- Occupies a large space: Since it is a bigger fridge, it occupies a much bigger space than ordinary fridge It may not be a good choice if your apartment or house is too small.
- Higher power consumption: Since the fridge has a frost free technology, it consumes more power than the normal fridge
- Refrigerator price: As discussed earlier, it does have a much higher price than an ordinary fridge.
A double door refrigerator is a necessity for large families even with the minor disadvantages, it is definitely worth the money you have to dish out. But, there is a way to afford this fridge even if your budget does not permit it. Just shop online and avail attractive deals, cash-backs and limited period offers to significantly reduce the refrigerator price. You can even get the fridge on EMI or no-cost EMI and pay for it in installments.