Newtown Pennsylvania located in Bucks County has a small town feel with a population in the 2010 census of 2,248 people living in Newtown. But what this small town has is being a convenient small living outside of one of Pennsylvania’s large cities and west of Trenton, New Jersey. This is located outside of the metropolitan area of Philadelphia where big city amenities are found.
The Real Estate Market
Newtown is one of the areas that felt the housing slump in recent years but has come back in the real estate industry. The real estate market has seen a seven percent growth in just April of this year in the constantly growing market. The forecasted increase is expected to continue for both property sales and purchases. This upswing in the Bucks County location is climbing faster than some other areas of the state. The real estate agent services Newtown PA can explain why are increasing in value to sellers and new home buyers.
• Newtown is one of the older locations in Pennsylvania founded by William Penn in 1684. It became incorporated in 1838.
• The town was founded to provide country homes for the inhabitants of Philadelphia and the local resident population of the town worked in farming.
• Today the town is a bedroom community of Philadelphia where many people commute daily for work and college while living in the slower paced life in the suburb.
• Another interesting fact about this town, in 1969 the central business district was put on the National Register of Historic Places. This was done mostly since George Washington as a general made his headquarters during the Revolutionary War in Newtown.
• It is home to the oldest operating movie theater nationwide.
• The town was home to painter Edward Hicks.
This is a location that is convenient to several colleges and Universities including LaSalle University and Temple University. There are both public and private schools for younger students. This is a town rich in history and family friendly with close access to everything a large city has to offer whether it is a good college, seeing historical sites, shopping or dining out. There is also the business district within the town that alleviates having to go to the city for a night out, shopping or dining. If it is a day out to visit historical sites this town has one of the only places to visit that a person can walk in the same location as General Washington, America’s first President.
General Real Estate Sales and Purchases
This is one of the areas outside of a large city where it is possible to purchase a home with a nice sized property not found within Philadelphia City limits and without the congestion of the city. Sellers with the growth in the real estate market and the increased percentage of sales are seeing homes sell faster than the recent past when sellers were making updates to homes and still waiting extended amounts of times to find a buyer. Now, these same properties are selling quickly allowing sellers to find their new smaller or larger home.